This morning was wild. We quickly completed schoolwork, before Amine came at 9:30a.m. for our French lesson. He brought each of the kids a little workbook to write words in every day and even Disney stickers. They were so excited. After the lesson, I took a taxi over to Iberstar to check Elinor out of their hotel. They were not happy with the hotel, so we decided it would be best for them to come and stay with us for the rest of the time they will be here. When I got there, I was surprised that Barry and Jason had taken most of their bags that morning and when Jason came to pick up Barry, they took care of the bill; so all Elinor and I had to do was turn in her key card and off we went back to the apartment. The taxi driver who had brought me over, had waited for me, so we went right back again. He was very nice and thought it was amazing we were from America and had family coming over to visit us. We are amazed and so happy about it, too!!
They are blowing up the dome today at the job site! We are so excited for it's success. Hopefully Jason will take a lot of pictures.
After we got back, I got the kids all settled and Elinor and I took off for the souk. She wanted to get purses for Kylene, her Mother and sister, Rachel, Dianna and Margo. It was quite an adventure. I found a fantastic Jimmy Choo purse and we took lots of pictures of purses for the girls! I even came home and created a facebook account just so I could easily upload the pictures and show them off better than I could on a blog. I'm not keeping up a facebook account and will delete it after they decide which purses they would like. There were lots of name brands and some of the most beautiful leather purses I've ever seen. The leather purses are double or triple the price of the name brand purses like Prada, JimmyChoo, Coco Channel, Gucci and even Versache! Elinor also found some beautiful scarves and a handmade table cloth--a specialty for Morocco. We had our own personal porter - a guy I had met before and bought clothes for the boys from, who carried all of our purchases and led us to only the best shops. I got distracted once - I'm trying to find some beautiful red fabric for a tree skirt--and he quickly lead me away letting me know that this fabric was of very inferior quality and would rip immediatly! He was fantastic and I tipped him well for all his help and guidance. We could have never had such a successful day without him. We were both worn out, but what a fun day! This was my first REAL shopping day ever! When we came back to the apartment, we took the boys out to the pool and let them swim their little hearts out! Their energy level is boundless.
After swimming, Mimi called and we had the best lesson about Louis XIV, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. She is finally signed up with skype and the kids loved watching her--dynamically--tell them stories all about these kings of France. The kids are so much more excited about our trip on the 1st to Paris. Mimi will be teaching them a few more times before we go. They loved every second.
We were all starving, so off we went to Pizza Hut and McDonalds. Barry and Jason met us there and said that altough they were at first worried about the shape of the air form, it looked like everything was going to turn out ok. I sure hope so. --One accident--Jason slammed on his brakes while driving and Barry did not have his seat belt on and really wacked his head on the front windshield. He's got a bad bruise. I felt so bad for him!
It's late again. I've got to find time to enter more pictures on the blog!